MMA is a leader in the fast-growing predictive analytics and “big marketing data” space. We are looking for skilled professionals seeking to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a focus on predictive analytics, client and project management, and strategic consulting.
Data Engineer/Sr. Data Engineer
Location: New York, NY
MMA is searching for a Data Engineer with communication, project management, marketing data and data technology experience for a position in our New York, NY office. The role will lead hands on data engineering process for our digital marketing analytics solutions. He or she will closely collaborate with our internal analytic and data teams, advertising technology partners, and clients, to develop and implement methodologies for structuring and integrating large volumes of data across all digital analytics engagements.
This position will report into the VP, Digital Innovation and Analytics and will work with senior management and offshore execution teams.
Who You Might Be
- You have at least 5 years of experience working with large volumes of data.
- You have worked with large volumes of digital and customer level data (for example, log level, user level, STB, DMP, DSP, CRM) utilizing data warehouses, ad hoc query tools, data visualization software, and reporting UIs.
- You have knowledge of the digital ad tech industry and may have worked at a digital media agency, DMP or DSP, ad server, or data onboarding provider.
- We’re looking for candidates who have a passion, skill and experience working with data for analytics in a client facing capacity. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
- The selected candidate will engage closely with 1st and 3rd party data, cross-device data, to match and transform extremely large volumes digital data into an automated analytical platform for modelling purposes
- Lead the development of data management techniques, coding, and processes that ensure the quality of the integrated data.
- Contribute to the development of a knowledge base of best-practices for data sourcing and data integration across a wide variety of clients and data providers.
- The ideal candidate will be eager to engage clients and strong at both “doing” and collaborating with other members of the team.
Key Prerequisite Skills
MMA has been a leader in driving innovative analytic solutions for 23 years. In the past two years MMA has grown 32% and over 50%, respectively. Candidates need to be able to work and thrive in an evolving, fast moving, growth-oriented business.
Qualified candidates should have the following skills:
- Deep knowledge of managing and processing big data – particularly related to digital media. Strong plus if worked with ad server data in the context of digital analytics
- Expert level SQL skills is a must
- Real world experience using distributed data processing on a framework like Spark or Hadoop with routines implemented in Scala or Python
- Deep knowledge of the traditional and emerging data technology landscape, across ETL, RDBMS NoSQL environments
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects in a high-pressure environment
- Bachelors or Master’s degree preferably in computer science, or engineering field
- Experience with visual data analysis using tools such as Tableau, Spotfire or other Business Intelligence platforms
- Experience with public or hybrid cloud environments strongly preferred
- Light travel will be required (10-20%)
MMA is an established analytic leader and is growing rapidly. Opportunities for advancement of skilled, committed professionals include:
- Data and Project Management
- Analytics and Project Management
- Product Development and Innovation
- Global Client Management
- Strategic Consulting
About Ipsos MMA
MMA is a leading global analytics company that provides Fortune 500 organizations with forward looking, predictive solutions that drive continuous, repeatable and incremental value. The company was founded in 1989, pioneering the commercialization of marketing mix modelling, and through their innovative analytic methodologies and approaches, management of “big marketing data”, predictive software and high-value consulting, MMA has helped companies generate billions of dollars in incremental returns. MMA has offices in NYC, Norwalk, CT and Chicago and is a part of leading global custom market research company Ipsos, who has major offices in over 80 locations worldwide.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org