“Big Marketing Data” collected, harmonized and converted into predictive insights in order to solve “Big Marketing Problems” and create “Big Value”
The big advantage that comes from ‘big data’ is derived from identifying the value that it can unlock, which begins with unlocking and prioritizing the problems, not the data. Not all data is created equal. The only data that is valuable is the data that is required to solve the problem. The rest is essentially ‘noise’ and cost which at its worst can create ‘big data paralysis’.
Marketers today are finding there is no shortage of potentially value-creating data-related issues to be addressed. Companies are being challenged daily with questions such as:
- What categories will grow/decline in the next 3 years and why?
- What is the ROI on my marketing investment and how do I improve it?
- What is my marketing generating in terms of revenue and profit?
- How can I grow my base business that is related to brand equity and health?
- What is the impact of digital/online and what are the synergies with traditional marketing?
- To what extent is price and promotion eroding my brand and limiting long term profitability?
- What pricing levers can I use to maximize profits?
- Which are my most profitable consumer segments, where are they and how do I reach them?
- What is the impact of competitor marketing, brands and stores on my sales and profits?
- What economic and operational indicators can be leveraged to drive profitable growth?
In the face of these marketing challenges consumers are being bombarded at an unprecedented level by media from TV, point-of-sale data, radio, print, paid search, rich media, social media, including Facebook, Twitter and countless blogs, mobile devices, pricing tactics, promotions, PR, etc. Gaining an understanding of what they are actually aware of and more importantly, what drives them to make a purchase, while increasingly more difficult, is even more important.
MMA collects, cleanses, harmonizes and manages the internal and external data sets necessary to support predictive analytics, dynamic reporting and tracking initiatives across a range of marketing driving initiatives, including marketing mix ROI, price and promotion planning, forecasting, portfolio/category planning and more. This data is stored and hosted in MarketView™, an enterprise marketing data management and tracking solution that is utilized for achieving faster and deeper big data analytics yielding valuable market and brand insights.
CONSULTATIVE DISCOVERY AND DATA ASSESSMENT PROPOSITION:
MMA initiates collaborative sessions with key business stakeholders to identify important issues they are seeking to solve with the data. Issues are identified and a roadmap to value is created that aligns organizational objectives to the data that will be required to deliver those objectives.
COLLECTION, CLEANSING AND HARMONIZATION OF DATA:
MMA’s data groups have rigorous data collection and management processes.
ETL AND ONGOING DATA MANAGEMENT:
Ongoing links to targeted data sets are established and data streams are integrated into data management processes.
STAGING FOR ANALYTICS, TRACKING AND REPORTING:
Data is prepared and staged for statistical model runs as well as integration into the modeling and reporting platforms.
REPORTING AND TRACKING:
Rich, intuitive, graphical and easy-to-use and understand reports are developed in partnership with clients to streamline insights into every day and more strategic business processes. Faster, more predictive insights deliver speed-to-market, process efficiencies and better value through improved planning and ongoing evaluation.
EXPERIENCED CONSULTATIVE SUPPORT AND VALUE:
Our teams work collaboratively with clients to leverage the data to create relevant metrics, align to clients’ business needs and initiatives and create ongoing, measureable value.
MMA’s “Big Marketing Data” Management Platform MarketView™
CENTRALIZED, HARMONIZED DATA FOR EASIER ACCESS
- Data seamlessly integrated across multiple systems
- On-demand access to historical data, across drivers, segments, and results
- Automatic updates to capitalize on events or rapidly changing trends
- Flexible output options for analysis, dashboards, and reports
- Sophisticated automation routines for disparate data sources
- Eliminate the risks of manual data manipulation