Companies today are struggling to find the right balance of marketing programs that provide the short-term sales needed to achieve quarterly business objectives, while looking forward to invest in longer-term growth opportunities.
- Many companies have not established a standard approach or ‘best practice’ approach for measuring and managing both short-term and long-term marketing ROI.
- Companies are struggling to quantify and influence the key levers required to drive consumers through the optimal consumer pathway.
- Understanding the financial value of a change in a brand KPI has eluded many marketers and has regularly disrupted the brand value discussions between CMOs and CFOs.
- Companies that are implementing this approach are transforming their marketing planning processes and gaining significant value in the form of improved marketing ROI, sales and profit.
Integrating the ‘recency’ and relevance of consumer data with time-series/predictive analytics has never been more important. MMA works closely with our partners within the Ipsos Group to integrate brand tracking KPIs into our commercial effectiveness modelling. Ipsos Connect Group offers a variety of ongoing brand tracking solutions and Ipsos SMX is uniquely able to use its breakthrough scalable analysis of social media mentions and search trends to track brand KPIs without the requirement for traditional continuous consumer survey brand tracking
Working with these Ipsos teams MMA is able to incorporate these innovative approaches to help quantify long term brand impact at some of the largest Fortune 500 companies. This supports the development of multi-dimensional marketing optimizations that enable these organizations to achieve their sales and profit objectives, while also driving the critical brand KPIs required to ensure growth and overall brand health.
This approach is helping companies address critical business questions, including:
- How each marketing vehicle and campaign impacts brand KPIs and sales?
- How to use predictive analytics to balance short-term and long-term investments in marketing?
- What is the impact of all business drivers (marketing, economic, competition, operations) on brand KPIs and sales?
- How does a change in brand KPIs lead to changes in other brand KPIs and consumer behavior?
- Which metrics are the emerging leading indicators for the business?
- What is the financial value (ROI) of a change in brand KPIs?
- What is the right mix of marketing investments to drive brand objectives?
- How does word of mouth and social media drive intent and sales?
- How does Search reflect intent and impact on sales and retention?
- What will be the future impact of a change in the marketing and messaging strategy?
These questions are addressed through these two components:
- Brand View Funnel Analysis™ – the following sources are used to help establish brand KPIs, financial metrics and establish long-term ROI for each marketing channel and campaign:
- Detailed brand tracking measures from consumer survey data
- Unique combinations of ongoing social media/search trends analysis aligned to brand KPIs through the use of Social Brand Health Monitor by Ipsos SMX.
Through the combination of this analysis and MMA’s Avista platform, marketers and their agency partners are able to build marketing and media plans that achieve both short-term and longer term brand and financial objectives.
- Long term ROI benchmarks can be applied for those brands without sufficient tracking data derived from MMA’s extensive global norms: across sectors, over global markets – built-up over years of experience.
MMA complements its commercial effectiveness and marketing mix solutions with brand equity analytics providing clients with both a short term consumer perspective as well as a longer term view into how marketing and media is impacting consumer attitudes.
CONSULTATIVE DISCOVERY AND VALUE PROPOSITION:
Understanding not only the short term effects of marketing but the longer term impact is essential and a new learning process from commercial effectiveness and marketing mix. MMA works closely during its discovery and implementation processes to ensure our clients understand the value proposition related to both.
PREDICTIVE STATISTICAL MODELS:
Models that integrate brand funnel and behavioral data project short and long term impacts of media.
INTEGRATED MARKETING DATA MANAGEMENT PLATFORM:
A rich set of data is collected, cleansed and harmonized in a powerful database that acts not only as a modeling and analytic platform for the ROI analysis but also as a database for developing rich and insightful business reporting.
EXPERIENCED CONSULTATIVE SUPPORT AND VALUE:
Partner-level insights from experienced consultants work collaboratively with clients to assimilate the brand health metrics and predictive insights into client ongoing business processes supporting value creation.