Leading marketing driven organizations are using digital execution, data and analytics to engage consumers and convert them into customers by activating at the right time the appropriate touchpoints through the integration of commercial effectiveness analytics with micro-segments, individual customer and behavioral targeting programs.
MMA has established a first of its kind data management and predictive analytics platform that enables clients to gain an understanding of as well as optimize the impact of a holistic set of business drivers. This includes broad reach media and overall strategies to addressable media and local activities, while controlling for the things you can’t control such as macroeconomic factors, weather and competition. The capability provides executives the ability to work cross-functionally to identify and target individual customers and micro-segments to drive increases in traffic, sales, profit and retention.
Linking Commercial Effectiveness (holistic Marketing Mix Models) to individual customers and customer segments
Uniform communication strategies have failed to exploit millions of dollars in opportunities at the individual customer and segment level. Leading companies today are seeking to implement marketing mix models, digital attribution platforms and segmentation/behavioral targeting to quantify and capture customers and value from this large opportunity by taking a holistic vs. silo’ed approach. By doing so they are able to connect the dots and establish “one version of the truth” while delivering timely, actionable results that lead directly to millions of dollars in incremental value. These companies are measuring and optimizing the direct impact of targeted marketing such as email, direct mail, CRM and even addressable TV while at the same time accounting for brand building media, operations factors and external factors. By integrating individual customer and customer segment level data with MMA’s marketing mix models, marketers are able to pinpoint targeted media channels, messages and promotions at the right customers at the right time, while simultaneously capturing the indirect effects of broad reach media and external factors. This provides a holistic view of all drivers and synergies that enable optimal decision-making and supports incremental growth and profit. One of the enablers behind this capability is MMA’s rapid modeling platform capable of quickly producing thousands of holistic client and business specific models that capture the direct and indirect effects of marketing investments using customer and customer segment level data.
This approach is helping companies address critical business questions, including:
- Which mix of tactics is most effective for each customer and segment to drive frequency, value and profitability?
- What drove each of these customers to purchase?
- Which tactics are assisters and which are converters?
- How responsive is each customer (segment) to each stimulus?
- Which program/offer-types work best for various customer segments?
- How deep to promote by segment to maximize efficiency and minimize subsidization?
- How to best target media at specific sales channels? Store vs. online?
Behavioral Targeting & Segmentation
Consumer behaviors and media consumption habits are changing faster than the global marketplace and companies’ competitive landscapes. Through the combination of new sources of highly granular data, technology and advanced analytics, these changes are not only trackable but predictable at the customer and segment level. Deploying solutions that enable this provide business managers to identify and act upon these predictions by optimizing media touchpoints, messages, promotions and operations factors. Actionable data and insights are increasingly available along the key points of the customer journey, feeding analytics that drive a new, more predictive and dynamic level of activation. MMA’s cutting edge analytic capabilities enable our clients to more effectively engage with customers integrating marketing & technology to optimize customer value. Working collaboratively with clients we develop intelligent programs that drive demand creation, align communication to customer needs, inspire loyalty and drive growth based on their distinct business strategy.
MMA’s approach to behavioral targeting enables clients to address a number of critical questions along the customer continuum.
- Who buys?
- What distinguishes buyers from non-buyers?
- What are they willing to pay?
- When are they most likely to buy?
- Why do they buy from you or your competition?
- What are the customer decision drivers?
- What are their need states?
- What drives purchase behavior?
- How are their media consumption habits changing/evolving?
- Are there barriers to consider?
- What content matters?
- Which campaigns will drive sales vs. loyalty?
- How to efficiently trigger consumer behavior?
- How to get ahead on retention efforts?
- Where is innovation required to maintain a customer relationship?
- How to incent customers to be advocates?
- How to measure and optimize this program?
- How to monitor and engage in social conversations to drive continuous engagement?
- Are there new and emerging influencers to bring into program?