Given the overall investment associated with a salesforce and importance to a business, measuring and optimizing the investments is critical for driving profitable growth, share and competitive advantage.
For salesforce driven companies and brands, staying ahead of competition and a rapidly changing marketplace requires executives to continuously evolve and optimize their sales model in a manner that enables them to focus their efforts on the most responsive and profitable physicians, customers and accounts while limiting efforts toward the less profitable targets.
MMA’s Commercial Effectiveness solution is being implemented by our clients to provide a holistic view of all business drivers including the salesforce, then dive deeply to optimize salesforce size, structure, alignment and programs at the territory, district and market level in an on-demand manner. Measurement also incorporates other key driving factors such as marketing, operations and other important business factors whose synergies may impact upon sales force activities. The holistic component of this solution is unique as it helps companies move from silo based planning, to developing integrated marketing and sales plans that result in a net incremental benefit to the business. This capability is enabling decision makers to quickly respond to pressures from customers, competitors and a changing economy, while providing management with greater visibility and control over the salesforce. The value realized from this work is being measured in tens to hundreds of millions of dollars in sales and profits across sales force driven clients.
This approach is helping companies address critical business questions, including:
- What is the optimal size of the salesforce?
- How to optimally align sales reps by market or territory?
- How to take advantage of synergies between marketing and salesforce initiatives?
- What is the “next best actions” to drive a desired behavior? What is the optimal sequencing of personal and non-personal communication?
- What is the impact of changes in training, incentives and compensation?
- How does rep tenure and effectiveness impact territory performance?
- What will be the future sales impact of a change in the sales model?