MMA creates improved sales forecasts for better demand and supply side planning
Forecasting is a science that is constantly challenged by organizations to produce better results. Too often data, statistical models and approaches deviate and conflict with one another across departments, creating havoc in aligning supply and demand. The results are expensive inventory gluts, out-of-stocks, consumer dissatisfaction and lost sales. Creating better forecasts requires approaching the problem holistically, starting with the organizational objectives across departments all the way down to the data platform and statistical approaches that are being applied. MMA possesses a unique blend of data management statistical modeling and highly skilled analytic and business consultants from leading consulting organizations. MMA’s predictive analytic platforms enable us to identify, collect and manage the myriad of causal data, models and business needs related to forecasting to generate improved results.
MMA’s holistic approach to the problem and experience drive better results:
- Significant experience in identifying and collecting disparate data sources that have an impact on forecasting accuracy
- Ability to work across field and marketing teams to identify and link events that materially impact forecast accuracy
- Deep understanding of marketing/media and price promotion performance – possess data and models that support better forecasting with our clients
- Understanding of the impact of external factors (weather, economy, competition, etc.) on business and marketplace
- Simulation and planning software to conduct “what if” scenarios to test potential changes and variations in conditions
- Ability to conduct volume forecasts based upon variety of internal and external factors
- Migration from National/Brand/Monthly to Local/Product Level/Weekly forecasts
A powerful combination of data management, forecasting models and software are designed to support cross-organizational business needs and improve forecasting results at more granular levels.
CONSULTATIVE DISCOVERY AND VALUE PROPOSITION:
Most companies’ forecasting approaches are diverse and varied. Few meet most organizational needs. MMA works closely with our clients to understand the cross-functional objectives, conducts a gap-analysis for the data, models and outputs and develops a plan and value-proposition for review with the client.
FORECASTED RESULTS AND SIMULATION SOFTWARE:
Modeled outputs predict at the designated levels while simulation capabilities enable teams to hypothesize on alternative “what if” scenarios.
PREDICTIVE STATISTICAL MODELS:
Forecasting models will be developed from the data gathered based upon targeted objectives. A specific statistical approach is designed for each client based upon the targeted objectives across the various teams.
INTEGRATED MARKETING DATA MANAGEMENT PLATFORM:
Internal and external data sources will be identified, collected, harmonized and managed on an ongoing basis to support the process.
EXPERIENCED CONSULTATIVE SUPPORT AND VALUE:
Count on Partner-level insights from experienced consultants who work collaboratively with clients to assimilate the predictive insights into clients’ ongoing business processes supporting value creation.