Position: Director, Data Management
Team: Ipsos MMA
Locations: New York NY / Norwalk CT / Chicago IL
MMA is a leader in the fast-growing predictive analytics and “big marketing data” space. We are looking for skilled professionals seeking to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a focus on predictive analytics, client and project management and strategic consulting.
MMA has been a leader in driving innovative analytic solutions for 30 years. In the past six years MMA has grown more than 400%. Candidates need to be able to work and thrive in an evolving, growth-oriented business. Ideal candidates will have a combination of skills and background that include experience in working in quantitative analytics, strong skills in data management with an emphasis on analytic related projects, exemplary focus on quality management, attention to detail and a commitment to project and data excellence.
You are an experienced Data Management professional, able to manage a team of data analysts on data collection, cleansing, harmonization and integration of client and external data sources into MMA’s database management infrastructure that supports our analytic, reporting and benchmark solutions. You will report into the SVP of Product Development and Technology. You will coordinate data management processes across account managers, project managers, database administrators, systems engineers and statisticians/econometricians to produce measureable analytic value for our clients.
You are strong at both “doing” and managing – with strong hands-on data processing skills in a variety of environments, along with the proven ability to manage a team across disparate geographies.
KEY PREREQUISITE SKILLS
Qualified candidates should have the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience working with quantitative data sets
- Familiarity with syndicated marketing and media data
- 3+ years of experience working with a Relational Database Management System (MS SQL Server preferred) environment with large and diverse sets of data
- Advanced level of proficiency with SQL
- Ability to identify anomalies in the data, troubleshoot and reconcile
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work within quantitative and team environment to seamlessly and in a high-quality, high-performance manner convert large and raw data sets for modelling
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong internal and external (client facing) communication skills
Candidates with these additional skills are preferred:
- Experience working with SAS, R or other statistical software packages
- Experience with emerging distributed data processing systems – Hadoop or similar
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with Microsoft Access
MMA is an established analytic leader and is growing rapidly. Opportunities for advancement of skilled, committed professionals include:
- Data and Project Management
- Analytics and Project Management
- Product Development and Innovation
- Global Client Management
- Strategic Consulting
ABOUT IPSOS MMA
MMA is a leading global analytics company that provides Fortune 500 organizations with forward looking, predictive solutions that drives continuous, repeatable and incremental value. The company was founded in 1989, pioneering the commercialization of marketing mix modelling, and through their innovative analytic methodologies and approaches, management of “big marketing data”, predictive software and high-value consulting, MMA has helped companies generate billions of dollars in incremental returns. MMA has offices in NYC, Norwalk, CT and Chicago and is a part of leading global custom market research company Ipsos, who has major offices in over 80 locations worldwide.
For more information, visit: https://mma.com/
If your background and experience is a match, please send your resume to: Liz.Fleuette@Ipsos.com