Driving Better Profits in Automotive
Understanding the role of each marketing vehicle in moving consumers along the path to purchase is an ongoing challenge for automotive companies. MMA’s modeling framework has been adopted by some of the largest global automotive brands to measure and optimize their marketing investments across geographies, nameplates and consumer segments.
An Automotive Marketing Strategy Analysis Solution
Automotive companies face a number of unique marketing challenges. Incentive programs for Customers and Dealers, for example, are constantly evolving and costly to execute. Generally taking the form of Financing, Leasing and Cash Back programs, incentives are continuously offered, thus making it difficult to discern their ability to drive new versus repeat purchases. The vehicle purchase cycle is also much longer than for most products. This increases the importance of striking the right mix of short-term, product-focused and long-term, brand-focused marketing investments. Other major challenges include pricing, innovation and an intense competitive environment. The automotive industry is a complex system. MMA is well-versed in building models to capture these complexities and help automotive companies better understand the impact of marketing on all levels of their business.
Tackling the Tough Business Questions:
- How do I optimize investments to drive consumers along the path to purchase?
- Am I accurately targeting nameplate-specific marketing to the right consumers?
- What’s the optimal mix of marketing investment across brands, segments in my portfolio?
- What is the right balance of national, local and dealer marketing?
- Which incentives perform best at driving traffic? Unit sales? Profitability?
- Are dealer incentive programs driving long-term incremental volume?
- What is the right balance of brand and retail messaging?
- How does my marketing impact brand loyalty and retention?
- What is the role of digital media, social media, and other emerging media in driving funnel progression?
- How effective are sponsorship, event and experiential marketing tactics?
- How can I quantify the impact of public relations, product innovation and reception?
- What is the optimal timing and execution of marketing investments to maximize sales?
- Am I capturing all available demand signals to accurate gauge funnel health?