Discovery and Business Roadmap
Capturing the business strategy, cross-functional business questions and current data situation to define and communicate a program roadmap
The most important phase of any program is Discovery. Through this phase we ensure the alignment of the data, analytics and technology with the business strategy and needs of each stakeholder to support data-driven decisions making the translation of results into actionable business and marketing strategies and plans. Members of Ipsos MMA’s management team partner with our clients to prepare for and lead an effective Discovery process which results in a Discovery report, data management plan, scope refinements, change management plan and a three-year program roadmap.
Components of Discovery
- Stakeholder interviews – What is the current and future business strategy? Who are the key decision makers and what information do they need to support planning? What are the critical business questions? What are the change management and training requirements?
- Current data assessment and scorecard – What is the data inventory and quality of each source to support analytics? Which business questions and program objectives could be addressed through the current data? Where are the opportunities for data improvement and automation?
- Vision and gap analysis – Where are we today, where do we want to go, what is required and what should expectations and metrics for success be?
- Business case – What is the expected short-term and long-term value delivered through this program? Where are there activation opportunities, risks and potential barriers?
- Program roadmap – How will the program evolve over 1-3 years? What are the specific capability enhancements across data, analytics, people, process and activation?