An always-on, agile approach to measure, optimize and interact with your marketing plans while re-informing traditional approaches
Predictive analytics for marketing optimization and measurement used to be informed by and relied on limited data sets, usually only marketing or media focused and updated in an episodic manner. Companies would make decisions using models powered by essentially historical averages to update their marketing plans. Today the game has changed and relying on historical models alone is not enough. Companies are gaining competitive advantages by using dynamic “big data” to drive marketing decisions and demand planning on almost a daily basis. CMOs and CFOs want to be connected to their investments and customers in a way that maximizes the most profitable or share growing sales. Enter the world of agile marketing. Today’s models use real-time marketplace, consumer, and digital signals that can be integrated into highly granular, meaningful taxonomies that enable outputs that re-inform historical models and guide changes in potential impact.
Introducing MMA’s Demand Signals
Nine-months ago COVID-19 changed advertising strategies and left planners uncertain. Some marketers went dark, others became promotionally focused, and brand building was marginalized for the year. Demand signals that were historically easy to measure and fed into predictive models became more muddled. Changes in shopping behavior, media consumption and social interaction impacted consumer segments differently across geographies. Purchasing behaviors became more unpredictable and traditional media planning methods needed to adapt and become more agile.
In March of 2020, Ipsos MMA embarked on a solution to this: ‘Project Cauldron’. A Cauldron is a large pot into which many things can be added to produce a very flavorful and potent result. This project integrated many strong ingredients that support marketing and financial objectives:
- Significantly enhance and enrich the taxonomy of available digital, consumer, macro-economic and trending data sources
- Leverage intelligent automation to read the enriched data to provide real-time Demand Signals dynamically
- Leverage the Demand Signals to dynamically re-inform models, and, if necessary, recalibrate them, building new plans to test and scale in-market
- Provide a consistent and powerful data taxonomy across categories, industries and geographies that further enhances Ipsos MMA’s Benchmark Database in real-time, driving media innovations and successes
- Provide clients with daily and weekly reads into marketing dynamics as well as trending details that are shaping marketplace demand
This industry leading advancement will enable companies to measure any media execution or marketplace situation in a ‘live and always on’ manner, capturing potential impacts and interactions in real-time, enabling companies to be more agile and make informed and accurate decisions based upon evolving consumer demand and marketplace conditions.
For more information on this exciting innovation that is being launched in 2021, please contact John Guild (firstname.lastname@example.org)