Media & Market Testing
Driving growth through data-driven innovation fueled by rapid experimentation & predictive In-Market Testing
Driving continuous, year-over-year growth requires constant experimentation, successful innovation and speed to market. Leaders are using data and predictive analytics to quickly identify, validate and scale in-market opportunities across media, new products and services, and operations investments.
MMA helping global companies across a range of industries establish and enable a culture of data driven innovation that delivers measurable value in the form of incremental revenue and profit. The combination of our Activate Testing Platform and consulting service model helps companies to quickly deploy a trusted and scalable in-market testing capability across their organization.
Our Activate Testing Platform and service model enable companies to:
- Rapidly test retail execution, pricing, promotion, media, assortment, and operations on a limited scale with low risk through an easy to use web-based platform.
- Analyze both naturally occurring and planned events to understand market response and the impact of deploying a new program through a broad rollout
- Socialize test results with cross-functional decision makers to drive activation
MMA enables companies to address critical business questions, including:
- How to get an early read on the impact of a significant change in media investment, new marketing channel or new campaign?
- How to manage the risk related to scaling a new media channel or campaign nationally?
- How to test various buying strategies to determine the optimal plan?
- How is a new campaign performing on a local level: geo-testing targeted campaigns?
- How is the new campaign working against specific targets in a test DMA?
- What is the right combination of media channels, creative, placement to support a new launch or high-growth brand?
- Web-based testing and reporting platform - MMA’s In-Market Testing capability is based on an easy-to-understand, implement and use platform, driven by real-time data and our predictive testing and control matching algorithms.
- Planning and design of the test – MMA experts review the proposed media plan and provide thresholds (timing, weight, target) to ensure a successful test.
- Test vs. control market definition to ensure accurate measurement – By leveraging MMA’s advanced matching algorithms, multiple control markets are identified for each test case.
- Measurement of results – MMA analysts engage with the testing tool to understand lift by market, evaluate outliers, and understand lift differences across markets.
- Predictive insights for scaling an activity – We partner with our clients and their agency partners to project the potential for scaling a marketing or operations program.