Marketing Mix Modeling
Empowering Organizations to More Effectively and Accurately Measure Marketing Effectiveness
The ability to measure and improve marketing ROI and tying those investments back to an increase in sales is an everyday challenge for today's marketers. Without a clear and comprehensive picture of all business drivers and their impact on revenue and profit, how can marketers produce a trusted result that can be applied to future marketing and business objectives?
Why a Marketing Mix Modeling Approach
Sales, profit and MROI are directly and indirectly impacted by many things. Promotion, pricing, product, operational, economic, competitive, seasonality, weather and other external factors can all have direct or indirect effects on marketing. To accurately measure marketing ROI and its impact on sales, all of these variables need to be measured and accounted for using one integrated and unified measurement framework.
With a single solution, you eliminate the need for marketers to piecemeal data together and formulate best possible guesstimates. This holistic approach to Marketing Mix Modeling has evolved to what we like to call Commercial Effectiveness.
Streamline Data Processing and Eliminate Guesstimates
Advancement in data and modeling technologies give organizations the ability to easily manage the end-to-end process of converting data into predictive models. By simplifying this process for you, the task of solving complex business problems is drastically reduced from months to weeks.
To quickly wargame and plan for the future in real-time. MMA offers dynamic simulation and optimization software. Leveraging real-time data, the decision-making process is shortened, allowing organizations to execute quicker and potentially ahead of the competition.
The result is more effective and accurate forward-looking planning, investment optimization and increases in revenue.
Improve Marketing Performance with Granular Insights
MMA provides clients with an integrated, ongoing marketing mix modeling solution including data management, predictive modeling, software and consulting that answers these questions and more.
- What is the omni-channel impact from traditional, digital and social media on sales
- What is the ROI for each marketing touchpoint and campaign?
- What would be the future impact of a change in the marketing strategy and budget?
- What is the optimal spend and mix of marketing investments
to achieve financial objectives?
- What is the right balance of investments in brand building vs. product focused marketing?
- What is the right investment to drive sales and profit by customer segment?
- How does marketing perform in-season vs. out of season?
- What is the optimal timing and execution?
- What is the impact of brand equity and customer satisfaction on sales?
- What is the right strategy to optimize the value of a loyalty program?
- What is the optimal sequence of activities to drive customer behavior?
- How does marketing effectiveness vary by response channel and geography?
- What is the best way to optimize the effectiveness of each marketing touchpoint by campaign, geography, timing, format, audience, duration and publisher to improve ROI?
- What is the right strategy to take advantage of media synergies?
- What is the role of paid, earned and owned media?
- What is the impact of operations factors & external factors (macroeconomic, weather, competition, etc.)?
What a Marketing Mix Modeling Solution Includes
Ipsos MMA provides clients continuous, actionable insights into how their marketing performance can be optimized for the future based upon a rich historical perspective of marketing and operations, economic indicators, customer insights, the competitive landscape and other business conditions.
1. Consultative Discovery and Value Proposition
Collaborative sessions are conducted with key business stakeholders to identify important issues they want solved. Issues are identified and a roadmap to value is created that aligns with organizational objectives.
2. Powerful, Real-Time Simulation, Optimization Software and Scenario Planning
Ipsos MMA’s clients have the ability to conduct real-time “what if scenario” simulations as well as optimization routines across a variety of potential and planned business situations.
3. Historical “Due To’s”
This provides pinpoint reads on exactly why and how much each marketing, media, promotion, distribution, operational, competitive, economic and other variables had on either positively or negatively impacting the business.
4. Predictive Statistical Models
Custom client models incorporate a rich set of client specific data enabling an expedited understanding of what will happen, when, where and why based on a wide variety of optimized and simulated marketing and media programs.
5. Integrated Marketing Data Management Platform
A rich set of data is collected at a granular level by Ipsos MMA’s professional data management personnel. The data is collected, cleansed and harmonized in a powerful database that acts not only as a modeling and analytic platform for the ROI analysis, but also as a database for developing rich and insightful business reporting.
6. Experienced Consultative Support and Value
Count on partner-level insights from experienced consultants who work collaboratively with clients to assimilate the predictive insights into client ongoing business processes support value creation.