Apparel & Luxury Goods
Optimizing marketing to drive omni-channel sales and profit
Ipsos MMA has partnered with some of the largest global apparel and luxury goods brands to measure short-term and long-term marketing ROI.
This is achieved by optimizing media and campaigns to drive seasonal growth and predict the impact of a range of holistic business drivers including: paid/owned/earned media, sponsorships and event, PR, operations and external factors on sales across owned retail, ecommerce and wholesale. Over our 30+ year history, we have developed proprietary methods for capturing the mid- to long-term effects of media and using this information to help our clients develop data-driven global and local investment strategies and action plans.
A Solution for Apparel and Luxury brands
Apparel brands face many unique marketing and product challenges, coupled with omni-channel dynamics, seasonality and a range of external drivers including weather, consumer trends, competition and macroeconomic variables that significantly influence sales each season. To add to the complexities, most brands are dealing with purchase cycles that are longer than for most other household purchases and consumers that require ongoing engagement to ensure brand loyalty. Establishing a Unified Marketing Mix Modeling and Multi-Touch Attribution capability to accurately measure, optimize and predict the impact of media on sales across owned retail, ecommerce and wholesale requires a holistic approach and collaboration across cross-functional stakeholders including: marketing, finance merchandising and logistics.
MMA's consultative process begins with a Discovery phase to capture the cross-functional stakeholder business questions and activation levers, while conducting a detailed data assessment. As with many apparel brands, there will be data limitations. Our team has developed a number of advanced approaches to account for the unique dynamics and imperfect data in this industry. As part of the Discovery process, we will establish a partnership roadmap to address the data, analytics, activation and change management activities required to drive adoption and activation to generate the expected business value. Our data team will then lead the acquisition, cleansing, validation and integration of all holistic data, while automating a majority of the data sources to support ongoing updates. Upon completion of the models, we will conduct a series of activation workshops with key stakeholders to translate model results into business and media plans. To support ongoing decision making we will deploy the Activate Marketing Planning & Optimization platform. On an ongoing basis, value delivered through this program is measured in the form of incremental revenue and profit for the brand.
Tackling the Tough Business Questions
- What is the optimal marketing budget and mix of activities to drive omni-channel sales and profit?
- Which campaigns are most effective at driving overall brand sales and specific product group sales by channel?
- What is the right mix to drive wholesale, owned retail and e-commerce sales?
- What portion of revenue is driven by social media and influencers?
- What is the ROI of each marketing touchpoint and campaign?
- What are the effects and/or synergies between upper and lower funnel media?
- What is the role of sponsorships, sports marketing, celebrity endorsements and PR?
- What is the optimal balance between long-term and short-term activities, such brand building vs. product specific content?
- What is the impact of in-store activities?
- How can the results be embedded into ongoing business planning processes to drive activation?
- What is the ROI opportunity for operational improvements such as pricing, assortment, new products and distribution?
- How will weather, competition and economic factors impact sales?